Staten Island Polar Plunge
Sunday, December 4, 2016
|We will be "Freeziní for a Reason" at the 10th Annual Staten Island Polar Plunge!|
Sunday, December 4, 2016
Registration between 10:00 - 11:30 am
PLUNGE at Noon
The Vanderbilt @ South Beach, Staten Island
Have you signed up yet?! What are you waiting for!!
Every Plunger that raises $150 receives an official Plunge sweatshirt, raise more money and receive more great prizes!
The Cool School Challenge:
Be the top fundraising school team and earn this exclusive title where you will earn:
-ULTIMATE bragging rights
-your school's name on the back of next year's sweatshirt
-the right to hold on to the trophy for the upcoming year
The Boardwalk Sponsor Challenge:
Be the top fundraising non-school team and earn this exclusive title where you will earn:
-your team name on the back of next year's sweatshirt
-space on the boardwalk for your team to use as they see fit!
VIP Sponsor an Athlete Breakfast:
Raise $400 individually to be invited to breakfast before the Plunge, sponsored by The Vanderbilt.
New ideas that will be implemented at this year's Polar Plunge!
1. We will have a brand new Spectator Spot for friends, family and co-workers to view the participants and the plunge. YAY!!!
2. We will have social media volunteers that will be taking photos and videos and post them on social media sites throughout the day.
3. We will have SEVERAL waves of participants (Approx 50 people at a time) going into the water one at a time.
4. We will be plunging closer to the waterline which alleviates the possibility of anyone gaining too much momentum and running into people.
5. Plunge announcements made from the beach will be done by Law Enforcement - announcements will be louder so you know exactly what to do when you reach the beach.
6. All Plungers must complete their on-site registration no later than 11:30am. (Sign waiver, collect sweatshirt if they have raised $150, purchase merchandise, etc)
Check out our Facebook Page & follow us on Instagram: SpecialOlympicsNYC.
If you have any schools or businesses that would be interested in setting up a team, please let me know and I'd be happy to reach out to them. I am looking forward to another great Polar Plunge!
Help raise money for the athletes of Special Olympics New York by asking your friends, family, co-workers, etc. to support you in taking the PLUNGE! Then, take a dip or slow crawl into the chilly waters of South Beach.
Special Olympics New York has 67,162 (2015 census) athletes training and competing year-round in 22 Olympics-style sports. Our athletes and their families or caregivers are NEVER CHARGED to participate!
It costs $400 to support training and competition for one athlete for one sports season. Set your Plunge goal at $400 and you have sponsored an athlete for an entire season!
For more information contact: