Staten Island Polar Plunge
Sunday, December 4, 2016
|We will be Freeziní for a Reason at the Annual Staten Island Polar Plunge!|
Sunday, December 4, 2016
Registration between 10:00 - 11:30 am
PLUNGE at Noon
The Vanderbilt @ South Beach, Staten Island
Join us at our first annual
sponsored by Pepper Jack Grill
Wednesday, September 21 2016
Pepper Jack Grill, 315 Manor Rd. Staten Island
RSVP: to Pam Parker 646-491-6035 or email@example.com
Come enjoy a complimentary dinner while learning about how you can make the most of your Polar Plunge experience!
New ideas that will be implemented at this year's Polar Plunge!
1. We will have a brand new Spectator Spot for friends, family and co-workers to view the participants and the plunge. YAY!!!
2. We will have social media volunteers that will be taking photos and videos and post them on social media sites throughout the day.
3. We will have SEVERAL waves of participants (Approx 50 people at a time) going into the water one at a time.
4. We will be plunging closer to the waterline which alleviates the possibility of anyone gaining too much momentum and running into people.
5. Plunge announcements made from the beach will be done by Law Enforcement - announcements will be louder so you know exactly what to do when you reach the beach.
6. All Plungers must complete their on-site registration no later than 11:30am. (Sign waiver, collect sweatshirt if they have raised $150, purchase merchandise, etc)
Check out our Facebook Page & follow us on Instagram: SpecialOlympicsNYC.
If you have any schools or businesses that would be interested in setting up a team, please let me know and I'd be happy to reach out to them. I am looking forward to another great Polar Plunge!
Help raise money for the athletes of Special Olympics New York by asking your friends, family, co-workers, etc. to support you in taking the PLUNGE! Then, take a dip or slow crawl into the chilly waters of South Beach.
Every Plunger that raises $150 receives an official Plunge sweatshirt, raise more money and receive more great prizes! Awards will be given to:
1. Top Fundraiser
2. Top Fundraising Team
3. Best Costume
Special Olympics New York has 67,162 (2015 census) athletes training and competing year-round in 22 Olympics-style sports. Our athletes and their families or caregivers are NEVER CHARGED to participate!
It costs $400 to support training and competition for one athlete for one sports season. Set your Plunge goal at $400 and you have sponsored an athlete for an entire season!
For more information contact: